CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Two Years Down....

Yesterday was our 2-year anniversary and it was a great day. When I got home from work I found a neatly wrapped package in the bathroom on the vanity. I could tell it was from Kaye since it looked exactly like the packaging that held my engagement ring and I had a hunch what it was. I opened it and was thrilled to see the diamond hoop earrings that I had been looking at off and on for many, many months! I love, love, LOVE them! =) Aren't they gorgeous?!



For dinner we went to a fairly new restaurant in town, Carmela's Bistro & Wine Bar. We went there shortly after they opened but we didn't eat; we just had some wine. It's a very intimate place...dim lighting, candles on the tables, fancy curtains on the windows, wine bottles everywhere...perfect for celebrating an anniversary. I was slightly worried about what to get because the list of foods that set off my gag reflex is growing...but I went ahead and ordered what sounded good, the Chicken Milano. It was a grilled chicken breast with sauteed mushrooms, onions, artichoke hearts and spinach in a creamy sauce served on orzo with sauteed green beans and red peppers. OMG! DELICOUS! And best of all...it didn't make me gag! =) My husband went with a strip steak stuffed with buffalo cheese and it had some sort of glaze on it with orzo and I believe squash. He said his was perfectly cooked and yummy as well. I asked if they had any non-alcoholic wine and unfortunately they didn't so I drank water....but the hubs went with the Bistro Red Flight. It was 3 samples of red wines....probably 3 oz of each. We had a really nice time and highly recommend it if you ever get to Lincoln, Nebraska. =)

After dinner we went to Target (how romantic! haha) to pick up a few things then we headed to Granite City for dessert. =) They have a "GC Big Cookie" that is an 'enormous almond toffee chocolate chip cookie' that comes warm in a small pizza pan (10" or so)....with vanilla bean icecream on top drizzled with caramel. TO. DIE. FOR! I had a glass of milk with it and the hubs had a mug of their stout which pairs perfect with chocolate. We ate almost all of the cookie (oink, oink!) and took a little bit with us in a to-go box.

I was stuffed and slightly uncomfortable by the time we got home. It was past my bedtime so I put on my big elastic-waisted pajama bottoms (they fit when I was still 220) and my thermal top and headed for bed while the hubs stayed up and watched some tv.

It was a perfect night and I couldn't have asked for more. =)

5 comments:

kikimonster said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I still wear my "fat" pjs. Drawstrings are a dream :)

Big Girl said...

Sounds like the perfect night to me. Happy Anniversary!

Amanda said...

What an awesome night! Dinner sounds awesome ~ we may have to drive down sometime and try it!

And I also still sleep in "fat pants." They are the most comfortable things in the entire world (that and my husband's shirts, which are even bigger!).

K @ Running Through Life said...

Sounds so yummy! Happy 2 years!

RooBabs said...

Happy Anniversary- it sounds like a fairy tale.

Those earrings are so pretty. I got diamond stud earrings for my 1st anniversary, but nothing since then (which is really weird because usually the Hubs loves to surprise me with gifts). For #2 last year, he was out of town, and flew home on our anniversary, and this year, all we did was go out to dinner (sushi, which was really good).

Your dinner sounds super tasty, and that cookie with the ice cream sounds so good, too- I can't resist toffee.