CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Suckiness

That's how my Thanksgiving holiday was....sucky. I had body aches and chills last Tuesday. I was constipated Wednesday and Thursday. I had diarrhea all freaking day on Friday. Saturday my bowels still hurt. Sunday I was finally feeling somewhat better. I had read that constipation goes along with pregnancy but I figured I ate enough fiber that I wouldn't have to worry too much about it. Wrong. I've now resorted to prune juice to help things 'move' along better!


The good thing about being sick all weekend was that no one questioned why I wasn't having at least a glass of wine. I actually spent Thanksgiving Day alone in the basement, except for the 15 minutes I was at the table eating lunch and maybe an hour in the evening after everyone had left. I still went to bed at my normal 9:00 time each night and no one questioned it.

So the secret is still safe. =)

We went to the florist Saturday morning and ordered the arrangement for my parents. I decided to go with the one below. I found a square vase just like the one pictured and a small flag so I took those in with me and also left the picture with them. It will be delivered by noon on Christmas Eve.

A couple of you have asked for belly pics...but really there's nothing to show just yet. Up until Thanksgiving I had only gained 2.4 pounds....but due to my stomach issues I ended up losing 1.4 which leaves me only 1 pound heavier than when I found out I was pregnant.

The lower tummy pooch I started out with hasn't changed much...it might be more round, but not noticeable to anyone but me. I'm still able to wear all of my regular jeans and pants with no trouble.
What are getting bigger though are my boobs. I had to buy new bras last week...I'm a FULL CUP larger! Already! In certain shirts I feel I look like I got a boob job. lol.... ; )

But yes, as soon as my tummy starts showing a bit more I will take a picture and post it.

My next appointment is two weeks from tomorrow and we're looking forward to hearing the heartbeat. I wish I had a video camera just so I could pick up the sound from the machine and post it here, but we don't have one yet.

I almost forgot...one of our friend's has offered to help paint the nursery and the other bedroom as a shower gift! She likes to paint and had some really neat ideas so it should be pretty fun. Too bad we can't start for several more months!

That's all for now...and thanks for still checking in on me. =)

4 comments:

kikimonster said...

Oh Marcie that really is crappy. Hopefully Christmas will be better :)

Amanda said...

That stinks that you were sick, but like you said - it kept the secret safe! Glad you're feeling better, and the flowers will be beautiful!!!

Can't wait to hear how the appointment and your family's reactions go!

Hazel said...

That sounds miserable. But like you said, at least people weren't suspicious!

Can you take video's on your regular camera?

RooBabs said...

Wow, you go to great lengths to keep a secret, LOL!

That totally sucks to be sick on Thanksgiving, and to swing from one end to the other. How horrible!

I'm so excited to hear about how things go when you make your announcement(s). And that's cool that you get to hear the heartbeat soon.

How lucky about your boobs getting bigger. That's the part I can't wait for (if it ever happens), but I'm thinking I'll have saddle bags from hell and be as wide as a mack truck. Yikes!

And what a nice friend to paint your nursery for you as a gift. I need to find some friends like that. = )