CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 29, 2009

Another Baby Shower!

My coworkers threw me a baby shower last Friday! My "cube mate" collected money from whoever wanted to contribute and went shopping. We received a lot of great gifts....a swing, activity mat, a package of diapers, onesies, sleepers, receiving blankets, crib sheets, bottles, bottle drying rack & brush, window shade for the car, teething toys, diaper rash cream, and even some nursing pads! My boss also knitted her the cutest little button-down sweater and matching hat. I love it and can't wait till she can wear it.

In addition to the package of diapers, one of my coworkers made me three "diaper cakes" out of rolled up diapers! Stuck in between the diapers were mini bottles of Johnson & Johnson baby wash, shampoo, lotion, powder, and three teething toys. The top layer on the big cake was made out of onesies, and top of those was a baby rattle. I'd seen them in pictures before, but they are even cuter in person.

I'm writing this from home and for some reason, I can't get pictures to load into Blogger. My computer locks up and blows out my internet connection completely. I am able to upload to my Picasa site though, so here's a link to some pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/Luhmans/BabyShowers#slideshow/

Last night we went to Target and bought an activity 'gym' and a CD player for her room. We had a 10% off coupon for stuff left on our registry, so we went ahead and bought the gym thing even though she won't use it till she's 4 months old or so. Just trying to save money where we can!

We now have pretty much everything we registered for so I guess we're as ready as we can be. Thirty-six days and counting...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You have great coworkers! And I love your updated pic - you look awesome!!

Hazel said...

That is so sweet of them! I really like the knitted sweater and hat. You look fantastic! I bet you guys are getting really eager to have her join the family soon.

RooBabs said...

Wow, you got a ton of great stuff!! I can't believe you basically have everything you registered for- that's amazing!! We're still hoping to get more hand-me-down stuff (so far we have the crib and swing, and a stroller and car seat that might work if we can scrub them down). Otherwise, all we have is clothes- and tons of them!

I think I finally figured out what bedding set I want to have, though, and there are tons of cute matching accessories that hopefully I can get people to buy for me. A couple of girls at work are throwing a shower for me, then my sister and my aunt are doing one in August. Exactly three months from today is my due date- I can't believe it!