CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nursery Pics...Finally!

The nursery has been officially complete for about a week now. We really like how it turned out. The picture that shows the way the green paint color looks like in person is the one with the curtains closed. It looks off in the others. Plus, I think I forgot the flash in some of them. ; )












You will see we have chosen her name so it's no surprise now! Her full name will be Brianna Marie Luhman. =) (fyi...it'll be pronounced "bree-ah-na".)

I have to tell you about a couple of things on the shelf. The picture frame on the far right side was painted by yours truly! One night after dinner, my husband asked if I wanted to go to a place called Paint Yourself Silly and paint pottery. We'd never done something like that before but it was so much fun! It took me two hours to paint it but I love how well it matches her room. I'll put a picture in once she arrives. =)

The other item on the shelf that has a bit of history is the Pooh bear. He belonged to my husband when he was a baby and he carried him around with him as he got older. He passed it down to one of his nieces when she was born and when we told his sister we were expecting, she gave it back to him for our little one. He's in really good shape considering he's about 34 years old!



3 comments:

RooBabs said...

I love how everything turned out!! The paint looks great, and your bedding set is super cute! You did an awesome job painting the frame- that is such a fun idea.

I love the story about the Pooh Bear, awwww. My grandma made a bunch of stuff for me and my siblings when we were little (dresses, dolls, blankets and stuff), but one of the few things that I actually still have is a Bert (Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street) doll that's crocheted. I think my sister had the Ernie, but I doubt she still has it.

I really need to get a move on with getting the baby's room ready- aaaaahhh! I finally signed up for a childbirth class, though. It will be all day on a Saturday- June 27. After looking into it yesterday, I guess that's why I had the weird dream last night.

Amanda said...

Love the room, love the name, love the Pooh!!! :-) How sweet is that that Brianna can have something of her daddy's?

I love painting pottery - I haven't been to one in quite a few years, but it is so much fun!

Hazel said...

What a pretty room! I love the colors and it looks so cozy. I like the personal touches too. Brianna is a beautiful name!