CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Babymoon Recap

We had a really fun time on our trip to Kansas City. It rained off and on the whole way down there and was raining pretty good when we got to the stadium for the game. I wore one of my husband's jackets that has a hood so I stayed nice and dry. The game started about 40 minutes late but then the rain stopped, sun came out, and it got HOT! I ended up with a sunburn on my chest and forearms (complete with lines from where my watch was!). It's turned into a decent tan though, so it's all good. ; ) The Royals won and it was a really great time! (The vanilla yogurt sundae with crushed oreos wasn't bad either....mmmm!)

Later that evening we went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. We'd never been to one before, but it was a lot like the Bubba Gump's we ate at in Chicago last May. Bill ordered crab legs for the first time and although they were good, he said he'd never order them again...too much trouble! It was quite entertaining to watch though! ; ) I ordered fried shrimp (nice and safe) but it was the most bizarre looking shrimp I'd ever seen! Instead of it being just one big piece of meat coming off of the tail, it was like they cut it in half and then fried it. So when you picked it up by the tail, there were two pieces of meat hanging from it and you could dangle them! It reminded me of testicles! lol.... They tasted good but I had a hard time getting over how they looked. I prefer traditional looking shrimp!

The following day we went on a tour of Kaufman Stadium (the ballpark we were at the day before), went shopping at the biggest mall I think I've ever been to, took a tour of Boulevard Brewing Company, and had dinner at another local brewery. I was pretty exhausted by the end of the day. (Not too exhausted to walk across the parking lot to the Rib Crib at 9:00 and share a gigantic brownie sundae with the husband though! haha...)

Our final day there we went to the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library & Museum. I'm not much into history, but it was actually quite interesting. They were celebrating his birthday a week early and the promotion was "the buck stops here." Admission was only $1! The town (Independence, MO) was having a celebration, too, so we went to the town square and each had a free piece of birthday cake. Yummmy! We walked around the area and found a local cafe with great food and nice prices. I had a BLT (with lots and lots of bacon) with a side of mac-n-cheese. Not many places offer that a side! lol.... It was like my mom used to make it...and not the orange crap from a box. hahaha....

After lunch we headed back to Lincoln. It was just enough time to be gone and just what we needed. =)

I've uploaded pics to my picasa site. I've posted a link to the slideshows, but you may have to click the "play" button to get them to start.

Baseball Game & Ballpark Tour:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Luhmans/KCRoyalsGameTour#slideshow

Boulevard Brewing Company:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Luhmans/KCBoulevardBrewingCoTour#slideshow

Truman Presidential Library & Museum:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Luhmans/KCHarrySTrumanPresidentialLibraryMuseum#slideshow

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I notice a common theme in your post: food! ;-) Sounds like you guys had a great time! I'll definitely have to check the pictures out!!!

RooBabs said...

All your talk of yummy food is killing me- and it's only 9 a.m.! Glad the weather turned out okay for the baseball game. At first I was wanting a brownie sundae, but now I'm thinking mac n cheese sounds tasty (gotta love it when you can get the good, homemade kind).

I'll have to check out your pics when I'm at home, since that sight is blocked at work (but Facebook isn't? explain that to me).