CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 26, 2009

More Gear

The store called and said our crib was in so we went and picked it up over the weekend. I wanted to look at the bedding again to make sure we still liked it so we walked around and did that and also looked at travel systems (stroller/car seat combo). They had a Graco system that we really liked and had everything I wanted. The stroller (Quattro Tour Sport) can hold a child up to 50 pounds and the car seat (Safeseat, Step 1) can hold an infant up to 30 pounds and 32" tall. Most only hold up 22 pounds and 29" tall. Given that the hubs is 6'3" there's a chance we could have a tall baby. I didn't want him/her to be growing out of it in less than a year, so I wanted one of the 30 pound/32" ones. They say that they fit 97% of children up to 1 year of age.

The stroller drives really nice and turns corners on a dime! I didn't even run into anything! lol... Here are some pics...and yes, this is the color! It looks more peach here, but it's actually orange. Nectar, to be exact. Not too girly, not too boyish!

We've had some friends ask why we're buying stuff and "Are you not having a baby shower?" Yes, there will be a shower, but honestly, we don't feel comfortable putting "big ticket" items such as furniture and a travel system on a gift registry. We don't want to look greedy. Other than the bedding, dresser, and possibly a glider, we won't be purchasing anything else. We'll register for things like a pack-n-play, swing, bouncer, changing pad, baby monitor and miscellaneous stuff like bottles, extra sheets, washcloths, etc. I'm sure my office and my husband's lab mates will give us a gift card somewhere and we'll use that to buy whatever we don't get that we wanted. Or, it can always be used for diapers!

I'm now 17 weeks along and feeling pretty good during the day. Night-time isn't so good. I wake up at least 4 times to go to the bathroom and it hurts to get out of bed and walk because the ligaments and tendons in my abdomen are stretching to accommodate my growing uterus, which in turn causes a good deal of pain. It doesn't bother me during the day because I'm moving around enough to stay limber, I guess. My doctor said eventually I'll feel it at all hours.

I had a gift card to Motherhood Maternity so I went and bought a pair of tan corduroy pants and a pair of jeans over the weekend. Each have the "secret fit belly," aka full panel.....and are soooo very SEXY! lol.... They are super comfortable though and should fit well into pregnancy since the panel is super stretchy. I didn't think I'd like the full coverage but it's nice on cold days. I'll take an extra layer of warmth any day! =) I also went last weekend and bought 2 pairs of dress slacks and several shirts at Target and Shopko. I'm now set for clothes until spring/summer when it gets warmer and I'm much larger.

I've now gained 8.8 pounds. I have gained the average 'suggested' amount of 1 pound per week each of the past 2 weeks so I feel pretty good about that. I'm looking forward to my next appointment which is 2 weeks and 3 days away (not that I'm counting or anything).

5 comments:

Amanda said...

When do we get a belly pic?? Love the new stroller!

kikimonster said...

Ditto on the belly pic request!

RooBabs said...

The new stroller sounds really cool. And I totally dig on orange. It's not a big deal to put big items on your registry, because sometimes people will go in on a gift together (at least around here they do that).

That's rough about the bathroom breaks and growing pains. I bet you're exhausted.

How exciting about the new clothes! I love Target and Shopko. And I'm all for extra layers.

K @ Running Through Life said...

I agree on the belly pic!

Love the orange stroller!

Hazel said...

Nice stroller! Orange is very gender neutral and fun at the same time!