CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 5, 2009

It's My Birthday!

That's right my friends. I turned 35 at 3:47 this morning, meaning I'm halfway to 70! lol... I don't feel any older though and I think I look better now than ever before (except for the perpetual pimple that refuses to go away). As my friend reminded me, this will be the last 'quiet' birthday I'll have for quite a number of years! Instead of a celebratory drink tonight, I'll be having a celebratory dessert instead! Not a bad tradeoff, really! =)

I brought cupcakes to the office today as my "I'm having a baby" announcement. I'm due 6 months from today! It's hard to see, but I used white gel frosting and made the male/female symbols on top of each. I should've made the pink frosting a bit brighter because the white didn't show up very well...but they're still cute (and most importantly, YUMMY) and they got the message across! It's been a pretty fun day and they're all really happy and excited for us.

I have no news to report....other than I'm SO thankful to have the first trimester behind me. I feel really good that the amount I gained was within the "recommended" amount of 3-5 pounds. I got on the scale Saturday morning and I'm at 153.2 for a net gain of 3.2 pounds. It doesn't sound like much but let me tell you, the tummy's bigger than an "I ate too much and gained 3 pounds" type of thing. I only have two pairs of khaki pants that I can still button (comfortably). I'm using elastic ponytail holders for all of my other pants. I just have to make sure I wear longer shirts so people don't see that my pants are unzipped! lol...

My next doctor's appointment is on the 14th. We'll listen for the heartbeat again and I'll have bloodwork done, too. Otherwise, nothing too exciting. I'm already looking forward to February's appointment because we'll find out if it's a boy or a girl! It's hard to believe that we'll know in 5 or 6 weeks! Eeek! =)

I hope all of you had a great New Year's. We actually stayed up a little past midnight and watched the ball drop. The next day we certainly paid for it as we napped off and on most of the day. My husband only has 5 more days of at-home I.V. antibiotics so hopefully he'll regain his energy once he's done with those. He's back to work today after being off for 3 weeks due to his knee surgeries and recovery. He started physical therapy last Monday and he's getting his range of motion back a little. It's not going to be easy or quick, but he'll get there.

Have a great week and I'll check in next week after my appointment.

7 comments:

Big Girl said...

super cute cupcakes. glad things are going well.

RooBabs said...

Happy Birthday!! You're still a youngin' (cuz if you're old, then that makes me almost old, and I just can't accept that, ha ha).

The cupcakes turned out totally cute. You're so domestic with all your decorating and colored frosting. = )

I also love the contrast of a million cupcakes with a ton of fruit in the background (especially for just 2 people- er, make that 2 1/2, LOL).

Congrats on staying within the recommended weight gain- everything you learned in WW is definitely paying off to give you a healthy pregnancy. Keep it up!!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love the cupcakes.

Hazel said...

Happy Birthday! Those cupcakes look really yummy - what a great way to announce it to your office! It sounds like you're almost ready to starting taking progress pictures!

Chellie has Issues said...

What cute cupcakes! Happy late birthday. Now you're as old as me!!! I held onto that rubber band trick for as long as I could!

K @ Running Through Life said...

Happy Birthday!

ptg said...

Oh, those are such cute cupcakes! What a great idea!